Chiropractors use hands-on spinal manipulation and other alternative treatments. proper alignment of the body's musculoskeletal structure, particularly the spine, will enable the body to heal itself without surgery or drugs. It is an effective treatment for a variety of conditions of the muscles, tendons, joints, bones, and nervous system.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care:
- Improved movement in your neck, shoulders, back and torso
- Better posture
- Relief from headaches, neck and back pain
- Prevention of work-related muscle and joint injuries
- Enhanced athletic performance
- Improved flexibility
- Relief of pregnancy-related backache
- Correction of gait and foot problems
How can Chiropractic Care help me?
Our Musculoskeletal systems can be affected by the demands of day lives due to work, accidents, injuries, household chores or even stress. All of these can cause joint and back problems. Chiropractic treatment can help heal the specific injuries to your muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves. Some conditions that Chiropractic Care can help with are:
- Car Accident Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Back Pain
- Knee Pain
- Tailbone pain
- Sports Injuries
- Herniated Disc
- Slipped Disc
How does Chiropractic Care work?
Specific training in spinal manipulative therapy (SMT) allows chiropractors to provide adjustments using highly-skilled and precise movements to the vertebrae of the spine, correcting joint motion to restore proper movement and improve function. Chiropractors are also trained in providing nutritional counselling, as well as recommend injury prevention strategies.
Treatment Plans: Going through pain and discomfort of injury or a health condition can be debilitating. Our Chiropractors provide their patients with a complete diagnosis and a comprehensive plan that is suited for each individual patient. The customized treatment plans help relieve pain and improve function without surgery or pharmaceuticals, such as manipulation, mobilization, soft tissue therapy, exercise, education, modalities (i.e. ultrasound or laser) and rehabilitation.
These treatment plans can include:
- Manual Therapy
- Customized Exercise Programs
- Cold laser therapy (promotes healing at the cellular level)
- Electronic muscle stimulation (reduces inflammation and stimulates healing)
- Therapeutic ultrasound (provides deep heat therapy to injuries)
- Lifestyle counselling
How long does it take for treatment to start showing results?
The results will vary on the severity of the condition. Most people begin experiencing relief and healing after the first few sessions. Everyone responds to treatment differently, therefore, it is difficult to predict the exact timelines. However, some of the estimates are as follows:
- Bone injuries take about 5-6 weeks to heal.
- Ligament and tendon injuries take about 6-8 weeks to heal.
- Discs and cartilage injuries need at least three months to heal.
Cost and Coverage: Most of our services are covered through employer, auto or disability insurance. Schedule an appointment to learn more about the different options that are available to you.